DIY weddings are a hot trend right now, many brides are crafting a little this or that to bring unique and personalised touches to their wedding day. Melodie and Kurt were no different. Okay, yes they were. What can I say? This wedding was out-of-this-world freaking amazing for DIY! A true celebration of colour, an absolutely beautiful day that had literally been crafted to perfection.
The pictures tell the story but I can’t resist a few words to tell you all about it…
If you are a regular follower of the Angelica Peady Photography blog you will know that we are the Sydney wedding photography specialists in off-beat, unique and quirky brides. We believe every couple’s love is special and that their day should be as bespoke as their story. To us is doesn’t matter how, where or which way you tie the knot as long as its an authentic celebration of you – and Melodie and Kurt were the ‘poster couple’ for a truly ‘their day, their way’ kinda wedding.
Melodie & Kurt’s amazing DIY wedding details included backdrops, signage, props, pom poms, flowers, shoes – you name it these two did it. Here’s a few of our favourite pieces…
- The gorgeous vintage influenced jewelled broach bouquet by Melodie. The bridesmaids carried simple pops of purple with fresh lavender bouquets.
- The vibrant bunting sewn by Narelle – the groom’s Mum. (Got to love a family effort!) Inspired? You can see a tutorial on making Bunting here.
- Mel’s self glittered shoes made using a department store brand shoe as her basis. There’s a great DIY here on how to do your own pair.
- Mel’s custom designed wedding programs which were a fabulous ode to the traditional Penguin Books ‘Classics’ covers – instead of traditional orange the look was tweaked to follow their vibrant wedding colour scheme.
- The pom poms – a very hot trend right now – were made by the bride. Love this look? Check out another shoot by Angelica Peady Photography using tissue pom poms here.
And there’s much, much more.
So enjoy these gorgeous images of what was a truly inspirational DIY wedding. If your own day will be ‘made with love’ you are an Angelica Peady kind of bride and groom. So please, contact us to discuss your plans for your very own special day. Whether its a Bowral Wedding Photographer (like Melodie & Kurt who wed at Hopewood Estate) or a Hunter Valley Wedding Photographer that you need – or anything in between, we service Sydney and beyond with our unique brand of wedding imagery.